2023/06/19 June 19, 2023
Posted June 19, 2023. Updated June 19, 2023. Has been played for 41 hours.
A simple polynomial game about mining.
Seems neat, would be more willing to keep playing if the arrow key navigation didn't break so often
1. For scratch standards, this is a decent game. Compulsory "learn JS" for this, as Scratch is a bare-bones engine and is practically only really for Kindergarteners. It may seem hard at first, but there are tons of resources online where you can learn JS, HTML, and CSS.
2. The game seems to be adequately balanced. I also like the idea of a golden cat, similar to how Cookie Clicker has Golden Cookies. Furthermore, you have to click it at the right time, which is also another mechanic of itself. I also noticed it penalizes you for clicking it at the wrong time, or maybe it's a bug. Either way, a unique twist.
3. Sometimes when going through the tutorial, you can't move through the slides. This can be annoying when you're trying to find out what to do & how the game works.
4. You can't see the other mines, which is annoying. Say I want to know how much of Mine #3 I have, but I can't.
6. The upgrades are in scientific notation, but the money display isn't. That can be extremely annoying as you have no idea when you can buy an upgrade. To address this, simply convert the money display to scientific at the same time the upgrades are in scientific.
Overall, I'd rate this game a solid 2. Good idea, good (for scratch standards), but a lot of issues and the low quality of Scratch games in general.
developer response: ok
decent for scratch
If you don't want to see games made with Scratch, you can hide them.
https://galaxy.click/filters OR hover on the user nav menu and click site-wide filters (with or without an account)
developer response: hi yhvr
It should be made clearer that the mines are navigated using arrow keys
developer response: i was actually gonna make the game more mobile friendly
read all comments