|developed by sam_chug gamedev|
rated 3.4 stars, 23 ratings
Posted August 5, 2023. Updated August 25, 2023. Has been played for 218 hours.
(The Idle City Builder)
Current version: 0.4.1b - If your loading screen doesn't match, right click and "reload frame"
Bring your humans from the depths of a cave to the heights of skyscrapers. Manage resources, balance happiness, build beautiful monuments, create the hustle and bustle of a booming society, all from the comfort of a birds-eye view.
Idle Region is:
An idle game
A city builder
A resource manager
A procedurally-generated sandbox creative experience
This game is still heavily in development, things are bound to change, and updates are frequent.
Technical feedback appreciated. This game has a lot of stuff going on under the hood, if you encounter a bug I'd appreciate it if you reported it, with some kind of detail ("when I do thing A, weird thing B happens") is a lot easier to understand than ("this doesn't work").
This game has trouble running on some mobile devices, tablets and android devices are more suited.
Mobile controls are now an opt-in setting in the options menu. If you enable these by accident and are not on mobile, you can open the options menu by pressing the "O" key, then disable it.
Painting the Town v0.4.1a August 25, 2023
- New tile type: Pavement allows you to paint the ground without impacting production
- 6th tier of buildings and edicts
- 8 new scenery tiles
- New edicts in tiers 3 and 5 to increase the maximum earning time while away from the game
- Added a feedback form to the Social tab in the Options menu. If you encounter a bug or have a suggestion, submit it there!
- Buffed the amount of beauty that scenery tiles give
- Increased price of higher-tier paths to better reflect higher building tier prices
- Changed a handful of building sprites to remove any ground textures
- Overhauled sound system, sounds should no longer collide with one another
- Fixed a ton of issues with the Permanent Day setting
- Fixed sky textures not loading in older versions of Firefox
- Fixed audio not playing in Safari
- And a ton of other smaller fixes